Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
So you've seen when someone will make, like, a proton pack, and it's clearly a Ghostbusters proton pack, but doesn't look anything like the ones in the movies. Is there a term for that?
I've got the whole outfit and repainted all the gadgets from Spirit and Hasbro. I'm starting to think about scratch building my own props. But I was thinking it'd be fun to reinvent the gear and make it as if my own style. Also, screen accurate is real expensive.
Fanon? Inspired? In the tradition of? There's probably not a dedicated term, I suppose it depends on the level of "deviation". To me it makes perfect sense though - even if proton packs were coming from just one source, most franchises probably had someone in-house to do repairs rather than sending them away - I would imagine the shipping on portable nuclear accelerators is killer. Once you have a tech in-house, the equipment is going to slowly change over time as parts are swapped out in repairs, or to adapt to new uses / upgrades.

For me I think the switch from nixie tubes to liquid crystal or other displays in the belt gizmo is a natural progression. And also different brands of basic equipment; different walkie talkies, different PASS alarms, knee & elbow pads, etc. Luckily there's enough variation in actual canon & semi-canon stuff to let you be creative with jumpsuit colours and different designs and still be "canon".

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]