Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By The Joker Buster
Hey all, just wondering what all our friends who have booths at conventions consider to be a necessity in their booth. Obviously gear, if you can get it in, Ecto. But what other stuff do you typically have on a con booth table?
By prodestrian
It really depends on the goal of your franchise.

For us, we tend to have various toys and props on display, along with patches and pins that we sell to raise money for our charities.

At a larger convention we had a separate table setup as "Egon's workbench" (with various tools and props on display), as well as ESP testing with a "shock box" (it doesn't actually shock people, it just has a vibration motor which buzzes and plays a sound).

What usually goes over well is if you have photo opportunities available. People loved putting on a Spirit Pack (or foam pack) and posing for photos with our inflatable Stay Puft. It's up to you if you want to charge a donation for this, but we found many people offered a donation to us without being asked first. Sometimes I just hand them a trap to hold up in the photo. If it's a convention and they're cosplaying you can also get great photos with them, especially if it overlaps with Ghostbusters in some way.

Another goal is to boost your social media followers, so have some signage with QR codes to make this easier (and if they pose for a photo ask them to tag your franchise when they post it).

Here's our display at a toy fair we did in October:

And here's our much larger display at a convention:

Most of the time we have to bring everything in 1-2 car loads so we don't (currently) have firehouse walls or a containment unit like some of the bigger franchises. But we have enough that we can bring along to really fill out the space we're given.
By CitizenBuster
Mostly all that prodestrian said above. We go for a fairly quick set up and take down. Stuff adds up quick on the display, and loads a vehicle up fast. Most of the stuff is cool items for people to look at, and some interaction. But at the end of the event I don't wanna take 2 hours to load everything up. Image
prodestrian, gamera1968 liked this
By Mercifull
This is quite helpful. I'm in the process of putting together items for convention table display/birthday parties. In my mind I have the following props/items:
  • Green tablecloth
  • Standalone neutrona wand (I have a fairly inaccurate one I made using some old Nickatron parts but its good enough for table display)
  • Remote Trap Vehicle (It's not super accurate but it's good enough for the table)
  • Ghost trap (a slightly modified spirit trap to make it look a bit better, grimy and metallic)
  • PKE meter (assuming I don't already have it on my belt I may put it on display)
  • KUD Meter (I'm still working on this, will create a thread for it soon)
  • Slime pots (just a couple of jars with various coloured slime in them)
  • Animated Vigo painting (I should really update my thread because I've made a standalone unit now with a raspberry pi attached to a monitor and it looks quite nice)
  • Large plush Slimer
I haven't yet decided what to make my banner for the front of the table look like and if I should get a couple of pull-up banners made as well.
prodestrian, gamera1968 liked this

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]