Hello,

I have been working on various updates to my Haslab proton pack, and clumsily managed to break a PCB that was connected to the batteries and the board. I do not have any experience in repairing PCBs and wanted to explore the possibility of ordering a replacement one. I am clueless when it comes to identifying and ordering this type of part(if it is even possible to do so). Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you!
By Kukem
I know there are other people far more skilled than I am in these things, but if you are going for functionality, there are a few things you can do that may not look pretty but may still allow the part to work.

I assume there are circuit board traces on the other side of the pieces you showed in the pictures. (Since there are wires on both sides of the little board.) You can always glue the board back together, scratch off a tiny part of the covering on trace that is broken (not too deep, just enough to expose the metal in the trace), solder a small jumper wire from one part to the next to bypass the break, and it should work.

I am not familiar with the part that broke, as I do not own a Haslab pack. Someone else may have a better way to fix it, though. I have read that other members have contacted Hasbro for replacement parts, so you still may want to reach out to Hasbro.
Blushingmandrew liked this
Probably a resettable fuse. The circuit board is mostly for mounting: It is just a "series" connection between the battery positive lead and the electronics on the board. You can cut off that wire next to the board and re-strip the insulation and solder to one leg of that yellow round part, then the other wire (that goes to the pack electronics) just cut it off next to the circuit board piece, strip the insulation off the end and solder it to the other lead of the Yellow Round device. You could do that on the bottom side of the larger chunk of the circuit board so may still be able to mount it bact to where it was on the back panel of the pack (on the back of the battery compartment).
Blushingmandrew liked this
Spongeface wrote: May 6th, 2023, 8:48 pm Probably a resettable fuse. The circuit board is mostly for mounting: It is just a "series" connection between the battery positive lead and the electronics on the board. You can cut off that wire next to the board and re-strip the insulation and solder to one leg of that yellow round part, then the other wire (that goes to the pack electronics) just cut it off next to the circuit board piece, strip the insulation off the end and solder it to the other lead of the Yellow Round device. You could do that on the bottom side of the larger chunk of the circuit board so may still be able to mount it bact to where it was on the back panel of the pack (on the back of the battery compartment).
Thanks! I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this, but this will point me the direction I need to go to get this thing fixed
jonogunn wrote: May 6th, 2023, 10:45 pm Hasbros customer service seem quite helpful. I’d reach out to them to see if they and send you a new motherboard replacement.

If all else fails I know I won’t be needing mine so maybe I can send it to you
Wow that would be fantastic! If you decide to let me know, that would really help me out
Kukem wrote: May 5th, 2023, 9:32 am I know there are other people far more skilled than I am in these things, but if you are going for functionality, there are a few things you can do that may not look pretty but may still allow the part to work.

I assume there are circuit board traces on the other side of the pieces you showed in the pictures. (Since there are wires on both sides of the little board.) You can always glue the board back together, scratch off a tiny part of the covering on trace that is broken (not too deep, just enough to expose the metal in the trace), solder a small jumper wire from one part to the next to bypass the break, and it should work.

I am not familiar with the part that broke, as I do not own a Haslab pack. Someone else may have a better way to fix it, though. I have read that other members have contacted Hasbro for replacement parts, so you still may want to reach out to Hasbro.
I watched a video on soldering PCB points bCk together and that was gonna be my last resort. Not gonna lie to you, when handling smaller parts like that I tend to make things worse lol

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]