By 55_Central_Park_West
This is how I made my leg hose completely removable for when I wash the suit. The hose and its backing disc have magnets so they snap together. I then glued some elastic to the backing disc that sits inside the suit. I then put a snap rivet on the elastic and the inside pocket seam. I simply snap them together and the backing disc hangs down inside the suit (the elastic gives some flexibility when positioning the hose). I then snap the hose into place. None of this can be seen from the front and it is completely removable for washing.
I know this seems like an over engineered solution to a problem that does not exist, but if anyone out there has a magnetic hose collector like me, then they will know the pain of fishing the backing disc out of their trouser leg after the hose gets detached!
Ebobhazard84 liked this
By Evilchumlee
I haven't put a hose on my suit yet... my #1 issue has been "How the hell do I wash it?"

I was thinking of a less engineered solution... I was thinking of slapping a velcro patch on it and call it a day.
By Dubz
I'm waiting for my leg hose to arrive but I got some rare earth magnets for the connection. I was going to use an iron on patch on the inside to create a "pocket" to put the metal piece in so the whole thing can be washed safely. Has anyone tried this or am I way overthinking it?
By Evilchumlee
I haven't done my hose yet, lost a bunch of weight need a new flight suit, but i'm pretty sure i'm just gonna velcro the bad boy on. Seems like the easiest solution, both in application and repair.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]