Ectopher wrote: ↑November 9th, 2023, 6:30 am Can't wait for some clever person to start selling black and white mooglie patches for these jackets!
I thought for sure someone would have started a new patch run by now. These patches look slightly bigger too.
Ectopher liked this
Ectopher wrote: ↑November 9th, 2023, 6:30 am Can't wait for some clever person to start selling black and white mooglie patches for these jackets!
It's not difficult to make and whip up... if you know what size they need to be. I'm assuming they are slightly bigger than the regular-sized patches but not excessively so. I might just need to take a punt on it.
Mercifull wrote: ↑November 9th, 2023, 7:35 am It's not difficult to make and whip up... if you know what size they need to be. I'm assuming they are slightly bigger than the regular-sized patches but not excessively so. I might just need to take a punt on it.
Let me know if you do! The patch on the on-screen jackets looks like a "less perfect" variation of the no-ghost symbol, similar to patches sold here:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/9871064 ... n-accurate

Which makes me feel like it's an embroidered patch, not a printed one.
By gamera1968
OBSIDIAN wrote: ↑November 9th, 2023, 10:22 am There has got to be a thread around here somewhere on the red coats.
This is the thread you're looking for, though it isn't titled "red coats".
viewtopic.php?t=51264
OBSIDIAN liked this
So, I've been doing some digging.

The Crew were given souvenir jackets (attached below), I've been able to identify this jacket as a Kariban K677 Quilted Parka. I'm not sure if you can purchase these directly, but they're available from various vendors online.

https://www.karibanbrands.com/en/k677.html

I think this jacket is a good, affordable starting point for a replica of either the Crew Jacket below, OR the jacket in the movie.

Last edited by Ectopher on November 9th, 2023, 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ectopher wrote: ↑November 9th, 2023, 12:10 pm Also, a patch is now available:

https://gbpatches.com/products/black-no ... w-on-patch

Ordered, and bought two coats on amazon with similar style for modification. Maybe I can whip one together for my gf for Christmas :-D
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

SpaceBallz wrote: ↑November 9th, 2023, 12:47 pm Ordered, and bought two coats on amazon with similar style for modification. Maybe I can whip one together for my gf for Christmas :-D
I ordered one as well. For anybody else wanting to order via Amazon (UK), the link is here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... th=1&psc=1
Here's a still from the front of the new jacket, looks like orange nylon holding the metal rings behind black nylon.

How do we feel about a pure sew-on without the added adhesive from iron-on backing?

Also that seller is not UK based so Β£15 for shipping and that’s without customs getting their oar in. Shame.

I’ll continue discussions with a local patch maker.
Mercifull wrote: ↑November 9th, 2023, 3:55 pm Also that seller is not UK based so Β£15 for shipping and that’s without customs getting their oar in. Shame.
I know! Such a shame, because the patch is lovely - I just can't justify paying more for shipping than the patch. :/

Let me know how you get on with your supplier. For now, I've ordered the Kariban K677 Jacket. It's inexpensive-ish, matches the crew jackets 100%, and is good for modding if inspiration strikes. Plus, I actually need a warm coat for the winter!
You'd also more than likely get shafted by customs too. You'll have to pay an additional 20% of item+shipping plus often a handling fee of another Β£16.

I'm in comms with a local patch maker. I've not used them before but I'll see what they have to say about it all. It depends if I can sort it out before someone else does lol. The setup fees for these sorts of things are the killer, the patches themselves arent expensive to make. But some require minimum order numbers.
Ectopher liked this
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote: ↑November 10th, 2023, 7:09 pm Someone on Reddit reached out and confirmed it was the Wuxly:

I think I'll stick to the cheaper option, lol. Close enough is good enough for me.
Actually that person on Reddit just reposted what was posted in the HasLab Ghostbusters group on Facebook.
Can we talk about whatever gizmo is held in that top window pocket? It looks to be a square of LEDs 5x5 so a total of 16 LEDs chasing in a clockwise rotation. Seems like something fairly easy to whip up with Neopixels but there's surely more to it than that. I have an event in 2 weekends' time I might just shove a bunch of static fairy lights in there for now.
Mercifull wrote: ↑November 13th, 2023, 2:00 pmImage
They absolutely have a black pistol belt with red belt loops attached to the coat.
Oh man, seeing the pistol belt on the coat conjures up the "jumpsuit coat" that was conceived for the old Spooktacular. It surely must be a coincidence, but it's fun to think that concept finally became reality. :)
Kingpin wrote: ↑November 13th, 2023, 6:10 pm
Mercifull wrote: ↑November 13th, 2023, 2:00 pmImage
They absolutely have a black pistol belt with red belt loops attached to the coat.
Oh man, seeing the pistol belt on the coat conjures up the "jumpsuit coat" that was conceived for the old Spooktacular. It surely must be a coincidence, but it's fun to think that concept finally became reality. :)
As in the old Universal show? If so, which version and are there pics?
Rookie99 wrote: ↑November 13th, 2023, 11:37 pm As in the old Universal show? If so, which version and are there pics?
It'd have to be the original version, before the indoor stage show was shut down and they turned it into a Beetlejuice crossover.

I believe the only picture was concept artwork... I think Spook Central might have it, however the site's not loading for me at the moment.
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote: ↑November 14th, 2023, 5:16 am Was it this one? Not sure if this was the original concept, or someone's interpretation:
That's inspired by it (the original sketch looked fully rendered in either pencil or pen, rather than a computer illustration like that one), but that achieves the general gist of the concept.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]