This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Donkey8012
It's been a hot minute since I posted, so bear with me. When my wife and I moved into our current home back in 2021, there was a storage room in the basement that could only be accessed from the downstairs garage. I immediately saw the potential. Besides, I needed a place to store all my collectibles. We took the room and divided it approximately 70/30. My wife took her 30% of the space and built a downstairs kitchen. I took my 70% and made...something else. Before we started working on this room, mind you, it was a concrete floor with only sheetrock/block walls. We had to frame/finish the dividing wall.

By Donkey8012
Here's a video of a short walkthrough of the space, as well as a couple videos of some of the things I've wired up in the room.

By One time
That is so beyond cool! So many props and items!

I see a Matty trap, Hasbro pack, Matty PKE, Sound Decibel meter from GB2, Ivan Reitman signed GC sheet, picture signed by the actors, etc. Incredible!
Donkey8012 liked this
By Donkey8012
Thanks! Yeah, I tried to squeeze in as many Easter eggs as I could. There are a couple things left to do before it’s finished. I have to put in the drop ceiling and hang my degrees behind the desk; that’s what the open space on the wall is for.
By Donkey8012
For comparison, I found a short vid on my phone of what the room looked like after we built only the far wall but before we really got going with it.

mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Donkey8012 wrote: December 8th, 2023, 4:01 pm It's been a hot minute since I posted, so bear with me. When my wife and I moved into our current home back in 2021, there was a storage room in the basement that could only be accessed from the downstairs garage. I immediately saw the potential. Besides, I needed a place to store all my collectibles. We took the room and divided it approximately 70/30. My wife took her 30% of the space and built a downstairs kitchen. I took my 70% and made...something else. Before we started working on this room, mind you, it was a concrete floor with only sheetrock/block walls. We had to frame/finish the dividing wall.
Dude, this is awesome! But how did you negotiate this with the Mrs.?!
Donkey8012 liked this
By Donkey8012
mrmichaelt wrote:Dude, this is awesome! But how did you negotiate this with the Mrs.?!
She was actually pretty supportive, if not a little reserved about losing some space in the downstairs kitchen for it. Lol. I was looking at some of the progress pics I had saved on my phone, and I remembered that she actually helped paint it! Here are some progress pics, including when I had to COMPLETELY empty that closet space to inventory all of my collectibles. After everything was catalogued and the closet was finished, I had to strategically pack it all back in there.

Sorry for the photo-dump, but I feel like showing this process could be helpful for anyone that wants to do something similar.

mrmichaelt, Kingpin liked this
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]