Hi y'all! This is my first official post here so let me know if this is too spoiler-y to be posted out in the open, but I just wanted to share some ideas on the Ecto-Z gear I've seen floating around online after the van was present at Hook and Ladder 8 for the FE fan premiere.

I'm guessing by now you've seen the shots of the goodies inside from the 'gear up' TV spot released a while ago and one thing that caught my eye straight away were the red cables plugged into the packs.

Initially I assumed it was some kinda charging/diagnostic station, which might be confirmed by the fact that the cables run to these yellow boxes:

I found this and similar shots on Google, probably from when the van was rolled out at the fan event (which explains the possible stunt packs with the wibbly-wobbly thrower handles). I did a bit more hunting for close up pics from any nosey fans who, I'm sure like any of us, would be practically leaping into the back of the van like a raccoon smelling pizza cheese at the bottom of a dumpster. This is the best I've found so far:

Now based on my fervent research over the last few minutes I've found an almost perfect match in the form of the MAYPOLE MP716 12A BATTERY CHARGER

Granted, the shell is completely the wrong colour, but this is the only charger I've found whose switches and decals match the Ecto-Z ones. I think with some added stickers to the front, repainting the shell (or swapping it out with a yellow one available on other charger models) and holes drilled / fixtures added for the extra two cables on top, you'd have yourself a Pinfield-approved proton charging station. 😁
Yeah, at the rate new info keeps flying about we'll end up knowing the film inside out before it even hits the theatres!

Thanks to a close up by ynot.geekout on Instagram we can confirm the chargers are definitely the MP716. https://www.instagram.com/p/C4geNDQuaEX ... hsMmRvc3Ix

I've also had an email back from the company this morning saying they don't produce this in yellow, so the repaint theory to match the other gear is confirmed too. Not sure if these are widely available in the states but it looks like UK busters can grab a refurbished one for around £30-ish
alphabeta001 liked this
ShandorMiningCo wrote:Not sure if these are widely available in the states but it looks like UK busters can grab a refurbished one for around £30-ish
At a quick glance, there's a third party seller on Amazon asking about $152 and on ebay, 3 sellers selling a new one for about $120 total. So eh, UK GB fans could in theory making a killing and start buying up Maypoles for resale. In theory. lol.
ShandorMiningCo, tobycj liked this
Looking at the yellow you can see it chipping away to what looks like red underneath.

Must not buy one, must not buy one :-)
tobycj liked this
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]