Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I'm trying to find a copy of GB: the Return by Sholly Fisch. I saw one a few months ago for abt $20, but just looked online and discovered much to my chagrin that the CHEAPEST this book was goin for on Amazon was $100!
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
By secrecyguy
The company went out of business that made those books. The collectors bought up all the remaining books and now selling it for a high price to make it into a collectors item. Considering how much it's going for now, it's very unlikely someone will sell it for low price unless of course they are crazy or they don't know how much it's going for.
By Kingpin
secrecyguy wrote: The company went out of business that made those books. The collectors bought up all the remaining books and now selling it for a high price to make it into a collectors item. Considering how much it's going for now, it's very unlikely someone will sell it for low price unless of course they are crazy or they don't know how much it's going for.

Or you're not a scumbag collector* and trying to rip poor guys off.

* = Not saying all collectors are scumbags, but there are people out there that call themselves collectors and charge extortionate fees for the things they're selling, and try make things collectable when maybe they shouldn't/wouldn't be.
By Slimer7
Boy am I glad I bought my copy when I did, you could always try boarders books.
By Soren
ab5olut3zero wrote: I'm trying to find a copy of GB: the Return by Sholly Fisch. I saw one a few months ago for abt $20, but just looked online and discovered much to my chagrin that the CHEAPEST this book was goin for on Amazon was $100!
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!

waddahell????????
I want the book and no way I'm paying it that amount o'money!
By gbmatt
100..woah!..im so glad i have mine already ..i didnt know the company wnt outta business...
By jdawg
I wish I had picked up a copy of this book when it was first out , but who knows there have been a few re-prints of books originally published by now defunct companies
By TheWug
I'm glad I got mine too, I ended up paying $24.99 for it. Amazon should still have one for $34 and one for $99. I did see that they are selling Ghostbusters: Urban Legends which is the same book, unfortunetly the release date (on amazon) was 2010
By Ectoman_913
I hate to tell you guys I bought mine from borders for $8 but mine is soft cover. Was there a hard cover version of this? I didn't think so. I'll check my local bookstore and see if they have anymore if they do I'll pick some up and sell them to you guys for cover price plus whatever shipping is. :D
By gbmatt
TheWug wrote: I'm glad I got mine too, I ended up paying $24.99 for it. Amazon should still have one for $34 and one for $99. I did see that they are selling Ghostbusters: Urban Legends which is the same book, unfortunetly the release date (on amazon) was 2010

hold on 2010..im still confused about that book...i thought it was the same and if it is then how is its release date 2010
By jdawg
Ectoman_913 wrote: I hate to tell you guys I bought mine from borders for $8 but mine is soft cover. Was there a hard cover version of this? I didn't think so. I'll check my local bookstore and see if they have anymore if they do I'll pick some up and sell them to you guys for cover price plus whatever shipping is. :D

I would gladly take you up on that offer
By SpiderFan2k3
http://www.bordersstores.com/search/tit ... pe=Keyword

I would suggest trying here. Borders has it listed as "Ghostbusters: Urban Legends" and states that it is STILL IN PRINT. Their price is $6.99--now this is only what the website says so contact your local store to be sure. Luckily I bought mine when I first saw it a year or so ago in the store.
By TheWug
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The Return and Urban Legends are the same book but if you look on amazon they are listed seperately and the release date for Urban Legends is December 31,2010 if you don't believe me take a look
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141650 ... 48?ie=UTF8
By jdawg
I placed the order on borders , Thanks for posting the link!
By Ectoman_913
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I saw that wug but if you click on the Authors name it gives you a list of other books she did and one was Ghostbusters, book 2 here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074348 ... F8&s=books

It says the book is to be released February 1, 2007. Is this the same book? And secrecyguy wrote:
The company went out of business that made those books. The collectors bought up all the remaining books and now selling it for a high price to make it into a collectors item. Considering how much it's going for now, it's very unlikely someone will sell it for low price unless of course they are crazy or they don't know how much it's going for.

But the Publisher for all these books is the same company. What the heck is going on here!!! :x
By jdawg
Borders got back to me already , it can not be found new or used :cry:

and its almost 90 bucks on ebay :cry:
By jdawg
You dont have to do that , I'm sure I'll run across it sooner or later at a flea market or used book store , I just think its crazy that no one has tried to pick up the rights for this book , its obvious that there is a demand for it
By grim
If you guys check out amazon uk they have the book brand new for sale. I picked up a copy of that book and the trade copy of GB: legion for about 20-25$ dollars US. Shipping was on the expensive side about $13 but it beat the hell out of paying some collector $100 for the book.
By Some_Guy
Everyone here has seen it. A few have read it.

Probably not.

No.

If you have any other questions that have been answered several times. I suggest you use this:
By GhstbstrLMLIII
I actually went back and re-read my copy over Christmas. For the most part, I thought it was really well done. Certainly worth a read for GB fans. I just wish the publishing company hadn't gone out of business. I would love to know where the story was going to go in the next 2 planned books.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Rolo's got a good point. At points, especially Peter did seem more like the RGB version than the movie. I could easily see this as an RGB movie. - And personally, that would be an awesome way to start a new animated series.
By Ray Stanz GB
i also read it. if your a fan of GB then the book is awesome. not worth spending more than like 10 bucks on a paperback. can you get it on the kindle?
By EJLambert
Ray Stanz GB wrote: can you get it on the kindle?

Nope.
By Gb213
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:Rolo's got a good point. At points, especially Peter did seem more like the RGB version than the movie. I could easily see this as an RGB movie. - And personally, that would be an awesome way to start a new animated series.
Or a fan comic adaptation :cool:

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]